BEST GENERAL PURPOSE PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE YOU SHOULD LEARN IN 2021
In this pandemic situation, many of us have free time to learn many things like a general-purpose programming language but most of us are wasting our crucial time playing PUBG and many other games, watching movies and web series, etc.
But today I am telling you about the best or popular programming languages that you should learn to develop new programming skills, gain more knowledge, and much more. As you know that now people are switching from the offline market to the online market, people are getting digital.
Now as technology getting advanced day by day we should also learn some new skills in the digital field which will help us in the future and also today.
So let's get started, First of all, we should know -
What is a programming language?
A programming language is a set of instructions that are given to the computer or machine to perform some task or perform some functions.
We will not go so deep in this but let me tell you about different types of Programming Languages.
There are different types of Programming Languages -
1. Procedural Programming Language
2. Functional Programming Language
3. Object-oriented Programming Language
4. Logic Programming Language
5. Database programming
Now we know about what is a programming language? Now we should know the difference between coding and programming?
The difference between coding and programming -
Coding is just like writing many lines of codes but programming is writing codes but also other tasks, such as analyzing and implementing algorithms, solving problems, understanding data structures, and more.
Now, you got the basic idea of what is a programming language, types of programming language, and the difference between coding and programming.
So HERE ARE THE 5 BEST GENERAL PURPOSE PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE IN 2020 YOU SHOULD LEARN
BEST GENERAL PURPOSE PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE IN 2020 -
Python is an interpreted, high-level, object-oriented programming language. It was created by Guido van Rossum at Centrum Wiskunde and first released in 1991.
It's high-level built-in data structures, combined with dynamic typing and dynamic binding, make it very easy to use and makes work fast for Rapid Application Development, as well as used as a scripting language to connect existing components.
File Extension: .py
Current Version of Python: 3.8.3 released on 13 May 2020.
What we can do from Python Programming Language or what Python Programming Language can do?
- Python Code for Web Development
- Scientific and Numeric Computing
- Function Decorators Allow Enhanced Functionality
- Machine Learning (ML), Data Analysis, and Data Visualization
Advantages of Python -
- Easy to Learn
- Easy to Read
- Easy to Maintain
- GUI Programming
- Interactive Mode
- Free and Open Source
- A broad standard library
- Cross-platform language
Disadvantages of Python -
- Speed Limitations - Python is an interpreted language, so it is slower than some other popular languages.
- Weak in Mobile Computing and Browsers - Python is seen by some programmers as a weak language for mobile computing.
- Memory Consumption - Due to the flexibility of the data-types, Python's memory consumption is also high.
- Runtime Errors - It has errors that only show up at runtime this is because the language is dynamically typed.
- Database Access - There are some limitations to using Python to access databases. As compared to other popular technologies like JDBC and ODBC, the Python database access layer is a little underdeveloped and primitive.
File Extension: .js
Unique Feature: Ability to Create Functions in the Script.
- It is a client-side language
- It is an easy language to learn
- Easy to debug and test
- No compilation needed
- Event-Based Programming language
- Gives the ability to create rich interfaces.
- Code is always visible
- Incompatibility with some older browsers
- Client-Side Security. Because the code runs on the clients(user) computer, in some cases it can be used for malicious purposes.
3. PHP (Hypertext Preprocessor)
PHP is a globally used open source general-purpose server-side scripting language that is especially fitted to web development and can be embedded into HTML. It is free to download and use.
PHP code is executed on the server, and therefore the result's returned to the browser as plain HTML.
File Extension: .php
Current Version of PHP: 7.4.7 Released on 11 June 2020
What we can do from PHP Programming Language or what PHP Programming Language can do?
- It is powerful enough that the biggest blogging system on the web (WordPress) uses it.
- It is deep enough to run the biggest social network (Facebook)!
- It is also easy enough to be a beginner's first server-side language!
Advantages of PHP -
- It can encrypt data
- It can collect form data
- It can send and receive cookies
- It can be used to control user-access
- It can generate the dynamic page content
- It can add, delete, modify data in your database
- It can create, open, read, write, delete, and close files on the server
Disadvantages of PHP -
- Lack of dedicated libraries
- Poor Error Handling Method
- Security Deficiency - Since it is an open-source programming language, all people can see the source code.
Java is a general-purpose, class-based, object-oriented programming language. This language is free to use and can run on all platforms.
It was designed by James Gosling and first appeared on May 23, 1995.
But mainly, Using Java we can create android applications, which we use in our android phones.
File Extension: .java, .class, .jar
Current Version of Java: Java SE 14 / March 17, 2020
What we can do from Java Programming Language or what Java Programming Language can do?
- We can create banking applications to deal with transaction management.
- We can create retail applications for billing applications.
- Java is designed to solve implementation dependencies.
- Java can create android applications.
- Java can handle a huge amount of data.
Advantages of Java -
- Java is easy to learn.
- Java is object-oriented.
- Java is a cross-platform language.
- Java is Secure.
- Java is Multithreaded can do different tasks at the same time.
Disadvantages of Java -
- Java is memory-consuming thus slower than other languages such as C or C++.
- No support for low-level programming in Java.
- Java provides no backup facility.
C++ is a general-purpose cross-platform object-oriented programming language that can be used to create high-performance applications.
It was developed by Bjarne Stroustrup and first appeared on 1985.
Its supports different ways of programming like procedural, object-oriented, functional, and many more. It is an imperative and a compiled language.
C++, You can say is the upgraded version of C with more new essential features that solve problems that we were unable to solve by C language.
File Extension: .cpp
Current Version of C++: C++17 (ISO/IEC 14882:2017) / 1 December 2017
What we can do from C++ Programming Language or what C++ Programming Language can do?
- We can create games from C++.
- We can create Operating Systems and Systems Programming.
- We can create Web Browsers.
- We can create Database Engines like MySQL using C++.
- We can create Banking Applications.
- We can create compilers and much more.
Advantages of C++ -
- Simple - programs can be broken down into logical units and parts.
- Mid-level language - we can create both systems-programming and build large-scale user applications.
- Speed of execution - It is fast.
- Pointer and direct Memory-Access.
- Object-oriented - C++ allows you to divide complex problems into smaller pieces by using objects.
Disadvantages of C++ -
- C++ program is complex in a very large high-level program.
- Used for platform-specific applications commonly.
- It does not support Dynamic Memory Allocation.
- C++ program can't support garbage collection.
- Absence of Built-in Thread.